One of the challenges with Internet Marketing for many new people starting out is knowing what to focus on. It is so easy to get this wrong, spending months going down the wrong track. We all only have some much time and energy and to focus it in the wrong areas i snot going to be productive.
For example how many spend large quantities of time on Twitter, building large number of followers not realising that the followers they have chosen are not in their target market and therefore unlikely to bring any results for the effort.
The same can happen on Facebook. We can create a page and get large numbers of “Likes” but are they really going to turn into leads or sales for our businesses? Yes there are 600 million Facebook users but only a small number of these are probably going to be interested in what we have on offer. We can spend loads of time chatting in forums without any useful outcome for our business or trying many other sudo internet marketing techniques to try and get traffic back to the website.
I’m not saying these things are necessarily bad. They have a place in an Internet marketing strategy but not necessarily at the top of the list. Let’s have a look at what are good Internet marketing options:
1. To be successful you need to have a product or service that people want. Selling other people products is okay up to a point but that will not get you recognition. Develop a unique product or service that you can call your own.
2. You next need to get your product out where it can be seen. One of the easiest ways to do that is to set up and affiliate program so others can sell your product on your behalf. You can use Clickbank.com for this or PayDotCom.com. Now along with you great product you need to create a set of marketing material around it, such as:
- A sales page or funnel
- Thank you Page
- Banner ads
Basically you need to create a good set of resources to encourage affiliates to sign up and market your product.
3. Consider joining forces with other successful marketers. This is good if you are new to Internet marketing as you are able to gain insight into how someone successfully works. A little like doing an apprenticeship. Looks for marketers who have similar products to your one, or something that compliments it and that may therefore attract buyers to your product.
4. Study. There are many new skills to learn which will not come by themselves. Get hold of some books, ebooks or join an Internet Marketing training program like CarbonCopy Pro’s Black Box program which comes with a great mentor to help you along your way. Getting alongside successful marketers is a real advantage when it come to learning to do what is right and gaining the knowledge which is useful for your own business.
5. Your time is valuable. Get wise and learn to recognise where the best place is for your skills. Trying to do everything will just burn you out and lead to little result. Outsource tasks that you do not have the right skills for or take you too long to do. This might be writing articles or putting together e-books, creating banners ads or video creation to promote your products. This will allow you to free up your time on what you are best at and to promote your product or service.
Outsourcing does cost but in the end it will increase your productivity and help to bring your goal to fruition much more quickly. Most marketers out there employ or contract other people to do things for them. Don’t hold yourself back from making progress.
So there it is. Five important steps for you to put into place to see you become a successful Internet marketer. If you can learn to manage your time and prioritize, spending the time on projects that you are good at you will be moving forward at a good pace. Once you can see the progress happening, then you can spend time of the lower priority stuff such as social marketing.